Friday, April 3, 2015

Big Toilets

I was just getting used to saying I have a 6 year old, 5 year old, and a 4 year old. Ok well honestly I am just getting used to saying I have kids.  :)  Before today I was saying I have a 7 year old, 5 year old, and 4 year old. Today I am saying I have a 7 year old, 6 year old, and 4 year old.  People were not joking when they say kids grow up fast.  Spencer turned 6 years old today.  It was his first celebrated birthday.  We are having some immediate family over tomorrow but today we did a small ice-cream cake.  Well Spencer and Elliana were not too sure about it since it was so cold. They like the taste just not the temperature.  It was half melted before they both gave up on it. More ice-cream for me.

We were trying to get the point across that they were getting older. We counted up to their age. Well Elliana wanted to know how old Mommy was. So I started at one and counted to my age. When I was around 16 all three stood wide eyed and gasping. I guess I am officially old. Jeff was laughing until I counted how hold Daddy was.  :)

The kids are getting better and understanding what we are saying. That is wonderful. I can't wait until I can actually communicate with them. We drop them off at preschool and we pick them up. I have no idea what they do all day. I want to ask them so badly. For example two days ago I picked them up and Hunter had his change of clothes on. I was carrying a bag with soaking wet clothes. I have no idea how that happened. I had to wait until the next day to call and ask. I guess they were playing with water and Hunter thought he was in a bath tub and kept dumping water on himself. He has never played with water before we got him. We taught him how to play with water in a bath tub so he played like that. Hunter has a nickname of Minion. He gets into trouble but he never means to do anything wrong.

The kids know how to say "I like it".  Elliana was telling me that she likes America because we have big parks, big cars, and big toilets. I started to laugh it was so funny. I thought they were around the same size in our apartment but maybe not where she was before. She also added that she liked Mia and Asics, our two dogs.

We were having a hard time getting the kids to drink milk. In Latvia they sold milk but in small containers so I don't believe most Latvians really drink milk. I do not think our kids really had milk either. One night I had them touch my arm muscle and then I drink a glass of milk flexed and had them touch it again.  They got that point really quickly. So milk equals big muscles. Every time they drink a glass of milk they make us touch their muscles. It cracks me up.  Elliana is one we have to watch because she will not drink very much fluids. I was trying to find ways to get her to drink a glass of water. She was not having it so I took a really large glass out and chugged the entire thing in front of her. I was just trying to say Mommy drinks too and in large quantities.  The point that she got was not what I intended. Now she chugs her drinks, smacks her lips, and say aahh.  At least she is drinking again.  :)






No comments:

Post a Comment